- Urban mining is more than just recycling it is “rethinking” raw materials. It is a way for Europe to keep its independence and a key part of Europe’s strategy.
- The age of cheap abundant raw materials is over. Extracting metals and other materials from waste is more cost effective than extraction from virgin-mined materials.
Metal recovery of low grade ores and side-streams:
- Low grade ores, minerals and industrial side streams provide an opportunity to extend the raw material supply.
- The mining industry has reached a plateau for the efficient extraction of most metals and minerals.
- A key part to the success in over coming the challenges so that industry can move to the next level resides in the development of advanced technologies & processes that make it possible to “recover” the materials . Development of these technologies is an on-going process that as yet to reach its full potential and the focus of the EXPERT FORUM.
EXPERT FORUM EVENT
The expert forum is a One-day event, 25th of November 2019, that focuses on advanced separation and purification technology and processes and includes parallel oral sessions and a poster session.
There is no registration or entry free. The event
Expert Forum Program
The event is at Messukeskus, Helsinki on the 25th of November 2019